[Event thread] Meteor Shower Gathering

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Event thread] Meteor Shower Gathering

Post by Wizard of Oz -Admin- on Wed 20 Jul - 2:57

Night has just fallen on the town when the event start. The sky is lit up with sparkling stars, and while there are no shooting stars on sight yet, it shouldn't take much longer for them to appear. The streets are completely dark, every windows and doors carefully sealed with various curtains to ensure the town's light doesn't obstruct the star's lights.

All along the town's plazza one can see various stalls, selling food that one could only buy during the events. There are also a lot of small shop stalls, selling items geared toward lovers. A few other stands offer small party games to enjoy with friends; the choice of activities offered is pretty broad, and everyone may find something they'd like to do that evening. One could also notice a lot of the stands are geared toward wish or couple related activities, as the evening is meant to be all about that.

Security is pretty high and hard to ignore all around the town during the evening, thanks to the combined efforts of the oz and grimm mafias. There shouldn't be too much trouble, or at least the security's reaction should be immediate; it's advised to be on your best behavior to avoid trouble.

The crowd already started gathering earlier in the afternoon, though it's only getting thick and harder to navigate now; it'd be easy to get lost in the mass of people.
Wizard of Oz -Admin-
Admin

View user profile http://ozmafia.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Re: [Event thread] Meteor Shower Gathering

Post by Guest on Wed 20 Jul - 3:07

Cupid was one of the first to arrive at the plaza, a basket of her best handmade candies under her arm. She handed them out freely to everyone she saw, hoping to spread a little joy around before the main event started. When her supply of candy was depleted, she sat by herself on a bench, watching countless couples dancing and laughing together.

On one hand, Cupid was happy to witness their hearts, blossoming with the beauty of love; on the other hand, however, she felt quite envious. I asked everyone else if we could watch the stars together tonight. I sure hope they will come. Gretel, Hansel and Scarlet... it would be fun to spend time with them on a day like today. Why can't we always live in peace like this...?

She sighed and continued to observe the townspeople, feeling distant from the crowd. Cupid hated being alone more than anything--she was desperately trying to find at least one familiar face in the sea of strangers, but thus far, there was no one she knew.

I really should try to meet more people... Maybe I should do something other than selling my candies. Hmmm... Oh well, I guess all I can do for now is wait for the rest of the Grimm famiglia to arrive. I'd better stop feeling so envious, or my hair might turn green. It's a beautiful day today, so... I should just be grateful that the town is at peace. "What kind of wish will everyone here make, I wonder...?" Cupid smiled to herself, making a little game out of trying to guess the wishes of different people by their expressions, or by what she could read of their emotions.

Some people are lonely, some are joyful, some are even upset... there are so many emotions within these hearts around me. If I had more power, I'd make sure everyone was happy and no one was alone. But... as I am right now... Cupid sighed and rolled her eyes. ...I can't even hit anyone with my arrows.

Ah well, at least it's a nice day. I shouldn't try to shoot anybody, anyways. I wouldn't want people thinking I'm trying to pick a fight. "...I sure hope you guys will arrive soon. I saved some of my best candies just for you three!" Cupid giggled quietly, thinking of the faces of her friends. "...We'll have a lot of fun today."

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramia on Wed 20 Jul - 12:00

The meteor shower gathering was always his busiest time of year; he rarely had any time to enjoy it as he usually spent his whole evening patrolling and ensuring all was well. All part of being the Don really; it wasn't always a fun job, and sometimes he wished it was a bit different, but there was no avoiding it.

This year was no different, and while he did try to enjoy it as much as he could, he knew his free time wouldn't last. Right now though, since the festival wasn't in full swing just yet, he had a chance to walk around and have a little fun before everyone started to ask him to do things.

Simply enjoying a walk among all the people having fun was a good start; that and he'd gotten himself a hotdog at one of the stands, pretty pleased with the food as he made his way toward the nearest bench he knew of.

Which were already occupied by someone familiar. It was a shame she'd joined an enemy mafia, as she'd seemed like a nice girl really; he wouldn't have minded more people in his too to be honest. Since tonight was one of these truce nights where everyone had to get along, he had no problems with a bit of friendly chatting.

"Hello Cupid! I'm surprised you're alone out here. Mind if I sit with you to eat?"

He gestured toward his snack with a friendly smile, looking genuinely happy to talk to her. It was always nice to hang out with people after all.
Caramia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 20 Jul - 20:39

Cupid was too preoccupied with staring at people in the distance to notice Caramia approach; when she heard his voice, it startled her and she jumped a bit. "Oh, Lord Caramia!" She cried, looking up at him with a bright smile. I was so busy staring off, I didn't even notice Caramia! Oops, I'd better be on the lookout for Gretel, Hansel and Scarlet. Hmm... Gretel did mention she wanted to go to the gathering together with everyone as well, but I wonder where she is?

I didn't want to bother her since I left so early in the morning to prepare my candies, so I hope she isn't too mad at me. But I'm sure the yummy stuff I made will make her happy! Ah, but... She glanced at her candy basket--inside of it were four small boxes meant for her famiglia members and herself, as well as four candied apples. ...It'd be rude not to share some with Caramia. "Sure! I'd be happy to have some company!" She exclaimed, moving aside on the bench.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for the others to arrive. I was really excited so I couldn't sleep, I guess. I wanted to make some candy for everyone to enjoy together later, and I decided to just come to the plaza and people watch until the rest of my famiglia gets here. But... I have some extra, would you like one?" Cupid grinned childishly, holding out one of her prized candied apples to him. "These are my most popular item lately, so I made some for my friends. But you were nice enough to talk to me, so I'll give one to you!"

Maybe I should have made more... it'd be nice if I had enough to share with the whole town, but that would have taken me a very long time. "Hehe..." Cupid giggled to herself at the thought. But it'd be fun if my candy could make everyone smile. I make them with lots of love, after all! Days like this are the best...

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramia on Wed 20 Jul - 22:31

He hadn't meant to make her jump, and felt just a little sorry for it; thankfully she seemed to recover from it pretty quickly. What really bothered him was this whole "lord" business. Where did that come from? He gave her a bit of a puzzled look before seating himself next to her; she did say it was alright. Making himself comfortable, he crossed a leg over the other and leaned back before taking his hotdog out. Giving her a bit of a bashful smile, he decided to adress the issue.

"You can call me Caramia, it's fine, you don't need to call me Lord anything..."

It was honestly embarrassing to have her call him that. She may not have been a don, but she was still not too different from him.

And then she rambled on and on about her candies; he listened politely, actually taking an interest in what she had to say as he too enjoyed cooking; still, he looked a little distracted maybe, as he did his best to keep an eye on the festival as well. He was partly in charge of the security there after all.

"Are you sure you want to give one to me? I'd love one but if you made them for someone else, I'd hate to take it from them... If you're sure though, I'll take one once done with the snack I already have?"

He did feel a bit of guilt over the idea of taking some of these when they weren't meant for him, though they did look delicious. And he knew very well a single hotdog wasn't going to cut it for him, as he had quite the appetite when he wanted to.

"Did you settle in with your new family well? And are you going to work tonight or just enjoy yourself?"

His tone was polite and didn't have any hint of accusation, it was a genuine question; it'd be good to know if he could count on her in case something bad happened. Scarlet and him did work together on security after all.

Caramia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 20 Jul - 23:40

Cupid was noticeably happier now that she had someone to talk to, but realized she didn't know much about Caramia. She vaguely recalled speaking with him during meetings in the past - especially when she proposed the Sunday Compromise. Outside of "business", however, the two hardly spoke. This will be a good opportunity for me.

She blinked when he stated that she could address him so casually, but accepted it as a humble kindness. "O-Oh, of course. Sorry, it's just that you're the Don, so--" Cupid stumbled over her words and looked away for a moment, "--Ah, but yes, Caramia. I'll call you that from now on! It's nice to know that you're so easygoing~" She spoke in an almost sing-song voice, delighted that he listened so politely to her ramblings.

"Ah, sure. This candy apple was for me, but it's fine if you have it. I can always make myself more," Cupid reassured him. "It's more special if you give it to a friend!" She paused and listened intently as he spoke, smiling slightly when he asked if she was settling in well.

"Ah... I'm doing my best! Scarlet is very busy, so I try to help out when I can. I think Gretel is adorable, but sometimes it can be difficult to talk to her - I think she's hiding her feelings," Cupid giggled. "But I'll do my best to befriend her! Hansel is always energetic and wandering about, so I don't see him very much. Most often, I work by myself making candies and selling them on the street. Sometimes, it's fun to buy things..." Her voice trailed off. "Oops, I'm sorry... I was rambling again."

She remembered Caramia's second question and pondered for a moment. "I was hoping to spend most of the day with my famiglia, but maybe I should have waited at the estate for everyone... I have trouble sitting still during events - especially a big one like this! I just enjoy seeing a smile on everyone's face, I guess it gives me energy to get through the..." She paused and sighed. "...other days."

Feeling a bit rude for going on and on about her own personal affairs, Cupid placed her hands in her lap and watched Caramia from the side. "Thanks for asking, Caramia. I do appreciate your concern. What about you? I imagine the don must be quite busy on a day like this. I'd love to help out, so if there's anything..." She nodded and smiled childishly again.

Yes, if there's anything I can do to help, I should do my best. Days like this are rare, after all. So I should try to make as many new friends as I possibly can. It feels good! I forget all my worries when I can talk to other people - especially someone as warm and kind as Caramia!

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel on Thu 21 Jul - 2:14

Axel was following the strict route he had set for everyone at Oz to follow, his footsteps patrolled swiftly along the pathway of the territory and eventually led him to the central plaza of the town. So far there was no trouble sighted but he had to make sure to always be on guard, his trained eyes and ears scouting for any trouble amongst the crowd. As he was scanning the people milling about their business and enjoying the festival two grey eyes honed in on an all too familiar face. He couldn’t believe it.

He was sure the don had his own busy schedule to attend to and yet there he was…. And not only was he mingling too happy with someone of a different familgia but he was stuffing his face with something that looked delicious too. His boss was too trusting. Even on a day like this you never knew who could be plotting something. He wouldn’t put it past the twins to hide something malicious in that food, Cupid was part of Grimm now after all. He tried his best to make his way quickly to confront his boss but the crowd had managed to sweep him away slightly.
Axel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet on Thu 21 Jul - 3:58

Soft-red eyes scan the event field. It’s already quite lively, but Scarlet is relieved that there doesn’t seem to be any trouble quite yet. Cupid had left far earlier than even he had, though he did have preparations for defense that he needed to sort over once more. Perhaps he’d find her there. After all, when it’s obvious that there had been wishes of the family being together on this day, including Cupid, Scarlet thinks it would be a bad idea to not look for her.

He did exit the home before some of the others had, simply because he had wanted to make sure his soldiers were stationed as discussed. Once that had settled in, Scarlet had found himself where he is now, working on a simple patrol sweep that he feels comfortable doing.

The crowd is as vibrant as he expected them to be. Really, this is the time to do so. Even as he passes the plaza, he sees the shop buzzing, so much so that he can’t actually seeing the owner. Then again… no, that’s not a thought that should cross his mind on a day like this! His red-hooded cloak gently flutters behind him, the draft from the crowd not enough to reach him from this surprisingly airy break. It’s an excellent spot to stand, to try to see if he can catch a moment of rest.

This night will be something, he’s sure. The event usually is, but he has hopes that nothing too awful will happen, that it all will be just fine. I hope Gretel does enjoy today. Cupid-san as well. They both seemed to be looking forward to it.

He releases a small sigh. He may not yet be quite aware of where they are, but he’d work on finding them. Perhaps he should wait in the clearing, since it truly wouldn’t be difficult to spot him, but directly in the central plaza would likely be better. So with vigilance about him, his cloak makes him notable as his smaller frame moves through the crowd. 
Scarlet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 21 Jul - 4:25

After Cupid had given her own candied apple to Caramia, they sat in silence for a while as he enjoyed his snack. She continued watching the crowds of people, hoping the members of her famiglia would arrive soon. Despite having Caramia to keep her company, Cupid couldn't help but feel anxious. I really want to spend time with Gretel, Scarlet and Hansel as well. I want to give them these candies and see the smiles on their faces! Ooh, it would warm my heart so much~ I hope my candies can show them--even a little bit--just how much they mean to me.

Suddenly, she spotted something red fluttering in the wind. Could that be... Cupid squinted and stood up, placing a hand over her eyes as she scanned the crowd. Then, her eyes locked on Scarlet, who was struggling to make his way through the dense crowd. Her heart leapt in her chest when she saw one of her dear friends and she did what she thought anyone in her situation would do: yell out.

"Scarlet!" She cried. "Ah, Caramia, I'll be right back!" Cupid made her way into the crowd, trying not to push anyone as she called out to Scarlet again. "Hey, Scarlet!!" He probably had heard her by now, but excitement got the best of her. Finally, she managed to reach him in the midst of the sea of people.

"Whew..." She panted. "...You really came! I'm so happy!" Cupid laughed childishly. "Hey, hey! Will you come over here? I made something for you! Caramia was sitting with me too, so I hope you don't mind. Over there, by the bench," she pointed in the distance, the bench barely visible through the crowd.

"Ahh, there are so many people..." She sighed when she glanced away from him. This will be so much fun! Once Gretel and Hansel arrive, everything will be perfect. I really want to watch the stars together with them and make a wish together~

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet on Thu 21 Jul - 8:42

He tries his best to weave through the increasingly thick crowd, but it becomes more and more difficult with each and every extra person. Even if he doesn’t want to directly think about it, he’s still shorter than many members of this gathering he’s trying to navigating. Frustrating, but that’s, for now, the least of his worries.

He wants to be sure to find the others, to maybe get them all to a clear spot where they can view the meteor shower without the noise as a backdrop. If he has to be busy for a good portion of the night, then there has to be something he can do for them.

He hears her call. After spending some significant time under the same household as her, her voice becomes clear, easy to recognize, just as he could instantly know the voices of Hansel, Gretel, and him. The belt is sudden, so much so that he turns to face it, trying not to be swept away in the crowd while holding his ground. “C-Cupid-san?” he breathes, a bit taken aback but the sheer enthusiasm she’s still displaying. At least he could locate her. Y-Yeah, I was patrolling the area, as part of our town-wide security measures, but I have time now… to enjoy the festival with my famiglia. He adds the last part in his head, but those words dare not escape his lips. All right. I’ll join you. Hopefully Hansel and Gretel find us, Scarlet sighs. They may not be the fondest of the other famiglia, but at least it’s in a place that’s rather hard to miss.

Something for me? Scarlet has to wonder what it is, but it’s likely some of her candy. She’s been a help, in that aspect, selling such a product to help keep funds in the Grimm territory. Let’s get back to Caramia-san, since if you were sitting with him, he’s probably waiting for your return, Scarlet points out, and there are quite a bit of people. It almost seems livelier this year… He begins to try to step more out of the way of people, and toward the bench Cupid had pointed out. He doesn’t want to loiter carelessly when there are people trying to move; it’s rude. After the walking he had been doing, it would be a good idea to take this breather—

--and wait in plain sight for everyone to group up.

And Scarlet does note that, even within the thicket of moving laughter, the stars in the sky are still shining, gleaming, as visible as they ever could be. 
Scarlet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 21 Jul - 16:50

"Caramia, we're back!" Cupid announced, hurrying over to the bench and peering down into the basket. There were four boxes of candy and three candied apples remaining, but she knew exactly which ones were meant for Scarlet. The box of candy was pink and nicely wrapped with a red ribbon, and the candied apple had a matching ribbon on it.

She had asked him once before about his favorite candies and tried to make a little bit of everything. I just want to see Scarlet smile. He doesn't smile much, but it's such a pretty sight! Same with Gretel. Hansel's smile is also very beautiful, so I'd be happy to see it!  Lots of smiles~ I want to see many, many smiles from everyone I care about.

"These are for you," Cupid said with a childish smile as she held out the small box and the candy apply. "Please take them."

She thought to ask him about Gretel and Hansel and if he knew where they were, but Scarlet looked tired. Oh, Scarlet has probably been working hard without a break... "Hey, Scarlet. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know."

Ah, maybe I should try to look more intimidating so I could do patrols more often. Yeah, I need to practice. Umm? Hmph! Hey you, I see you didn't throw that candy wrapper away! Tut tut, you'd better pick it up or I'll be taking you off to jail! Or something. ...No, we don't jail people for that... Do we even have a jail? Cupid blinked.

I hope Hansel and Gretel arrive soon, too. It's already getting pretty dark. She glanced up at the sky to admire the stars for a moment. Will everyone's wish come true this year...? Oh, I should ask Scarlet! "Scarlet, Caramia? What will the two of you wish for?" Cupid offered her signature childish grin, glancing back and forth at the two of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramia on Thu 21 Jul - 21:51

She'd answered all his questions and, before giving him any time to do or say anything, had vanished.Well then ,that was kind of rude, though he wasn't going to point it out right away. Still, he was seated in a nice spot and enjoyed his small time alone eating the snacks he'd gotten, looking up to the sky; it sure was pretty. It was a shame how little time he had left to enjoy it before he'd have to work.

She did come back, though he was more interested in her companion; as they were working together tonight, it'd be a good opportunity to check in on him and make sure all was good.

"Welcome back, and good evening Scarlet. I was just about to leave, I think I took enough of a break..."

He said that with a small polite smile, waiting for her to be done sharing her gifts with Scarlet. He didn't want to interrupt after al, though he did have some business with the young man. Once they were done, he turned to him.

"Is everything going well on your side? I know all was in place and ready with my men, which is why I could take this break at all. If anything odd happens, we can send some reinforcments, just ask."

After he was done talking about more urgent matters, he turned his attention back on her. It must be nice to really just enjoy life like she was doing, not having so many responsibilities...

"I don't really have a wish, I never have the time to properly wish on the stars so I rarely bother thinking of something."

He thought he'd seen Axel in the crowd too, so it'd really be best if he got going soon; as soon as Scarlet assured him all was good, he'd be gone. Or working on solving whatever problems he may bring up, either way, his happy funtimes were over, and it was time for him to be a good Don and do his job.

Caramia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretel on Fri 22 Jul - 8:14

(OCC I'm posting this from my phone,  which has the worst autocorrect. Sorry for anything weird in advance.)

Gretel siged. She'd expected Scarlet to leave early, but Cupid...

Scarlet always been serious, even when Hamelin was around; or maybe moreso because Hamelin was around. Compared to all the other dons he was completely useless; like he never understood his job. Scarlet had always been the one taking care of the family and now that Hamelin was gone that responsibility fell to him more than ever before.

To an outsider, there family probably didn't seem much different than before; serious Scarlet, grumpy Gretel, and happy Hansel, but Gretel knew her family better than anyone else. She knew the weight they all carried now. It made it so hard for her to trust newcomers, even sworn in ones. Especially when they were found talking to other mafiosa. Gretel could only assume this was the reason she'd come early.

At least Scarlet was over there already. He'd set her straight. She was still new so maybe she just didn't any better. Gretel had been looking forward to the burning paper wishes thing that some of the town girls did when they got together. She'd planned on doing it with Cupid early in the evening, but now she wasn't so sure.

She also wanted to go see if Soh had his cart open. For as weird as things had been with him lately, she still didn't hate him, which was saying a lot for her. She hope it would be, since Hansel had been too busy to cook for het lately. That would make Soh's stall the next best thing. Gretel wanted to get a nice treat before she found a good spot to watch the stars. She had to find a good spot for them to hear her this year. Though she thought maybe it would be best to check in with the others first, since they were here.

She found her way over to the group, taking her place slightly behind Scarlet. Her hands lightly gripping the back of his cloak; her strange way of letting him know she was there.

She then gave Cupid a pointed glare to convey her disappointment without having to say it, hopefully.

Lastly her eyes fell to Caramia. "Couldn't even fix your hair for the event, bedhead?" Gretel said greeting him in her usual way. Just as Scarlet was more serious, Gretel couldn't bring herself just to say hello to outsiders anymore. Not even today.

"I don't expect you to kill and tell, but I think a man should use his fists."

Also runs the quack of a doctor
Gretel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet on Fri 22 Jul - 23:16

There are probably plenty of things that had gone wrong with Cupid’s initial departure from Caramia in order to catch up to him, but Scarlet can’t really say much there. Cupid seems just as happy to return and gather up everyone, so at the very least, she’s having fun. Regardless, it’s just a bit worrisome that she’s even a little bit careless, despite the day.

Good evening, Caramia-san, Scarlet nods, greeting him in return. Breaks are as they always will be, spotty, separate. A don can never rest for too long, and Scarlet knows that his resting moments are numbered as well. That’s why it’s imperative that he spends the time he can with his family. Ah, I just started a break for myself. Good luck, Scarlet adds in his conversation directed at Caramia.

And thank you very much, Cupid-san… Scarlet’s voice grows quieter as he takes what she offers him. It really does look like she put quite a bit of effort into putting it all together, and he really appreciates it. I’ll eat these later, when we can all, hopefully, sit down together. Regardless, he wants to at least eat them while she’s still in his company, before it’s necessary for him to go back to work. For today, please don’t stress about such matters. Just enjoy today. She’s part of the family, but Scarlet doesn’t want to stress her with such matters today. Perhaps another day, he’ll find more things for her to do, since she insists upon it. Still, if anything were to happen today, he’d likely ask her to run a message, since her offer is in the air.

Yes, everything is going well. My soldiers are set up and prepared, and I just completed a personal sweep of my section, Scarlet explains to Caramia, however, if something does come up, I’ll be sure to inform you. Technically, Scarlet couldn’t truly consider himself off the clock, even when he’s on break. That’s just how he is.

What do I wish for? I… Like Caramia-san, I… He thinks about it. Has he really had the time? Not really, not with how busy he’s been. If anything, he really just wants peace, but it’s difficult to explain that, not when the situation makes it far from realistic. ...haven’t had a lot of time to think about it.

Everything in the family adds up to the responsibility and burden that’s been placed. Plenty has happened in the past years, related to changes, to stress, to shouldering everything. He wishes for happiness, for balance, and part of the worries probably gleam in his eyes. In these thoughts, in these memories of their don and how unreliable and carefree he had been, he’s awoken by the feeling of a soft grip on the back of his cloak.

Gretel… he whispers, acknowledging her politely. He understands how she is; she’s being herself. Sometimes, he wished she would be a little kinder, at least for this day, but he knows her and Hansel very well. …that’s enough. He sighs. Caramia did say he’s about to leave, and Scarlet really doesn’t want the tension to rise too much during this event. Not when they’re working together, not when there are other issues that are pressing. I’m glad you could make it, Gretel, Scarlet says. He really was going to wait where she could find him though, given her past interest in the event, however indirect it had come out. At least, he was going to wait until he had to return to his work, however the short the break may have been. At least they had been now more gathered on under the stars, in the gentle hue of the center of the event. That’s a relief.
Scarlet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramia on Sat 23 Jul - 0:20

It was funny how immune he was to insults by now. He wondered if Kyrie's daily verbal abuse didn't have some good sides after all; it was hard to really rile him up, and saying he had bedhair really was not too bad. Insulting his appearance was much nicer than the usual attacks on his morals, personality, or worth as a human being. Lion being. Living being? It wasn't important actually.

"I styled them that way actually...Hello to you too, Gretel."

He'd answered automatically, used to that kind of comments, more or less shrugging it off. Now that he was sure Scarlet was ready and everything was well, he had no real reasons to stay and intrude; they looked like they wanted to enjoy some time alone, and he was not dumb enough to impose his presence any longer.

"Thanks for everything Scarlet. And since we do have your back today, I think you could take it easy for once. Or at least take more time to enjoy the event, we can cover for you if you decide to take a longer break than you usually would."

The young man always seemed so serious, it wouldn't be so bad for him to just have fun for once; though it wasn't really his place. Caramia himself was always busy, and they would technically be ennemies again the next day, but well. Scarlet was pleasant enough for him to at least be friendly to him today. 

"I hope you all have fun, I'll go see if Kyrie or Axel have anything to report. Enjoy your evenings."

His eyes had trailed over everyone, making sure they knew he did wish them all a nice evening- even Gretel, despite her rudeness from before. That said, he quickly turned around with one last nod to them before losing himself in the crowd, making sure to keep his keener senses on edge to ensure he wouldn't miss anything- if anything were to go wrong, anyways.
Caramia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrie on Sat 23 Jul - 0:22

Kyrie walked along the red brick road, casually looking around as the festival goers passed him by. In his hands he held a small bag filled with some of his favourite candies that were only sold during this festival. He had quite a picky palette so these candies were a rare treat for him. He popped a piece into his awaiting mouth before passing a nod and a wink to an attractive young lady walking by. She in turn giggled and nudged her friend with blush on her cheeks, making Kyrie grin.

The Oz Families Consigliere was quite popular with the ladies in town, though nobody could quite figure out why. He seemed to have an effect that sent ladies begging for his attention. Flowers, love letters and gifts were sent to Kyrie often and occasionally a couple brave girls were able to directly approach him with tokens of love. While he entertained some of them, they never filled the void he felt for long. The bulk of them bored him to tears while the other half tried to hard to become someone he would find suitable.

This particular festival, Kyrie held close to his heart. Caramia always made fun of him for it, wanting to make a wish which was something the female population of town did. But he didn't care, it meant something to him, even if his wish had yet to be granted.

He had stopped to gaze up into the night sky, still had some time yet before the show started, Kyrie felt a gentle tug on his coat. He gazed down to see a small little girl looking up to him. Her big green eyes shining under the dim lights along with a sweet smile. In her small hands she held a pink rose, that she quickly stretched up to him.

"For you Kyrie-san!" she chimed cheerfully.

Kyrie knelt down and carefully plucked the flower from her and brought it to his nose. After taking a gentle sniff he smiled back at the small child. "Thank you little miss, this flower is almost as pretty as you."

The little girl blushed and giggled, her mother who was standing next to her smiled appreciatively at him. Kyrie took the flower and placed it on his coat as a boutonnière and leaned down to her, handing her his still almost full bag of candy. "And this is for you, they just might be as sweet as you." he said with a smile.

Kyrie tipped his hat to them both and turned to continue his stroll down the street. It was a side of him not many saw, a side he didn't want anyone to see for that matter. Yes he was cruel, callous and loved to cause chaos. But this festival changed his mood somehow and besides, the Oz Family had a reputation to maintain. Being nice to children was imperative in his book.
Kyrie

View user profile http://kyriexmisaki.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soh on Sat 23 Jul - 0:59

This night was the culmination of a few weeks of efforts. Everyone in town worked hard for the event, and it especially was true for shopkeepers or, in his case, restaurant owners. He'd done all his paperwork, checking weeks in advance if he could get his usual spot, making sure all was in order and finally getting the confirmation that this year again, he'd be able to cook for everyone on the night of the meteor shower.

He'd spent quite some time making new dishes, especially for the event; Hansel had even somewhat helped, since he'd tried it all out and given him feedbacks. Finally it was all ready, he'd prepared a lot of it in advance and taken special orders to make sure everyone would be fed... And now he was in the middle of the biggest rush of the year. There were no seats left already, and the queue was very long; it wasn't even halfway through the night and he already had a little over half of his stocks out and sold. He always made a big profit on that night, even if he didn't get to enjoy it.

As he served a cute little couple, he glanced off to the side, where he'd wrapped up one order nicely; it just needed to be heated up quickly before he handed it out. He did talk about keeping some of his special new dish for Gretel when Hansel had been over, and he'd stayed true to his word. Free of charge, a nice snack of delicious tomato and Heidi's cheese spread on the Grimm's bread. It was the best of the best, easy to eat while walking during the festival and a fulfilling meal that left enough space for a nice dessert later on, as a lot of stands sold delicious sweets. 

He did hope he'd have a few minutes to chat with her, or Hansel, or even Axel maybe; he desperately needed company. Since the young lady was someone he'd tried hard to befriend lately, he wouldn't mind inviting her in the back if she wanted to sit down and eat. Special treatment did help furher friendships after all.

In the meantime, he had a lot of people to serve, including other regulars, and no time to daydream about his friendships with the Grimms. His smile always present on his face, he skillfully juggled in between serving orders and cooking them so it would all be fast and efficient.
Soh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 24 Jul - 8:18

It was time for the Meteor Shower Gathering. Fuka, not really having a job to work at during the festivities, spent most of the day wandering the town, watching everyone get ready for the event. The streets were filled with the delicious smells of baking and various food stalls that were set up in the plaza. Even the stores were pulling out their best livery for the event.

(It’s so wonderful to see everyone so excited and busy). She went from stall to stall, aimlessly exploring everything. (I wonder if Caramia-san and the others are very busy with the event. I haven’t seen them in a while).

She heard various cries from the food merchants, even taking some samples from a couple that offered. “If I keep eating, I’m going to be too full to eat at the meteor shower,” she spoke to herself, “I wonder if Caramia-san made something yummy for the event.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretel on Sun 24 Jul - 20:32

Gretel clicked her tongue, she hated it when Scarlet chastised her. It only reminded her of how much trouble she caused him. Well, it was more that she hated that he had to because she certainly didn't blame him for it. Each of them dealt with the pain of losing Hamelin in their own way and Gretel's way made things especially hard on Scarlet who had to deal with the aftermath. She felt bad for him sometimes; next to Hansel, he was the most important person in her life, but not bad enough to stop, unfortunately.

She thought of Scarlet as like an older brother since he took care of everyone. However, most of the time, that meant everyone except himself. He got so caught up in being the capable one that he forgot to have fun most of the time. But that's what she and her brother were for, to remind him to have fun still sometimes. That's what being a Grimm meant. They might not understand or even like everything the others did, but they took care of each other in a way the other families just didn't. And although she might not be able to grant Scarlet's wish, she'd make sure he made one. Because she knew he had one, even if she didn't know what it was.

"Scarlet, come watch the stars with me for a bit," she whispered low enough that only he could hear. She wasn't very good at asking. But it's probably better that it sounded like an order, he was less likely to argue. "Hansel isn't here yet and I'm lonely." She added that in the hopes it might convince him.

Then she looked over at Cupid. She might be new and might be Gretel's opposite, but as long as she was a part of Grimm, Gretel would take care of her too. She made a face "You too, Pinky." She had something special for both of them. Hansel, Soh, Fuka and Ande too. But she didn't want want to give it to them here in front of everyone else.

Gretel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 24 Jul - 20:55

Cupid was both surprised and delighted by Gretel's sudden appearance. "Gretel! I'm really glad you're here~" She hardly noticed the glare, since they were as normal for Gretel as Cupid's own smile. Ahh, Gretel looks energetic today! Wow, look how big the crowd is getting... there sure are a lot of people around. Cupid glanced around to see familiar faces from many different famiglia and wished this festival would last forever. Why does everyone have to fight, anyway?

Sometimes, I would like to hit everyone with an arrow to make this peace last forever, but...
She sighed quietly to herself. ...I guess that would make me just as evil as the fighting itself. Thinking to control other people like that is wrong, but I wonder why everyone fights? I feel like I could remember if I really tried, but it would be frightening. Then, Cupid recalled the candies.

"Oh, Gretel!" Cupid said suddenly, reaching into her basket and pulling out a box of candy and a candied apple, both tied with a beautiful teal ribbon that matched Gretel's hair perfectly. "Here, I made some of your favorite candies! And, these candied apples have been really popular lately, so I thought I'd make one for you!" She approached Gretel slowly so as not to startle or annoy her and held out the gifts gleefully.

"...I'm sorry for leaving so early without you," Cupid lowered her head slightly. Hopefully she won't be too angry. She likes sweets, so I think this will lessen the damage! "I was excited for the event, so I couldn't sleep. I woke up really early to make a bunch of candy for everyone, and then I just decided to go for a walk and check out the decorations and stuff. I wish every day was like this!"

Cupid expected to be chided by Gretel and let out a sigh. "...But, you know, as long as I can spend some time with you and Hansel and Scarlet, I think I'll be okay, even on days when we're at war with the others. Wouldn't it be nice, though, if the fighting could stop?" Well, I probably should stop rambling, now. Once I start talking, it's hard to stop... I guess I'm afraid the person I'm talking to will suddenly vanish if I stop talking to them. I wonder why I feel that way...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet on Tue 26 Jul - 9:35

He wants to makes sure it all works out well. From the defensive standpoints to worrying about his family, Scarlet is busy often. Breaths for himself come in occasional bouts, but they’re never consistent. When had he last had a chance to breathe alongside the members of his family so easily, like this? When had things last been so free? Honestly, even he couldn’t say.

Yeah, thank you very much for everything, Caramia-san, Scarlet says, listening to the last part closely. He didn’t want to trouble him, but he couldn’t find the words to say anything more, so he simply nods and pushes out a small, Have a nice evening as well… For today, it’ll be fine to be like this. He gives one last short bow to Caramia before he leaves, and turns his attention fully back to Gretel and Cupid. He’ll be cautious, but at least he knows he has room to maybe rest a little more than usual.

Even if she and Hansel can cause trouble for him, Scarlet really does want the best for them. He understands them as a member of the same family should. Really even though he’d find it nice if they caused less trouble, he’d also find it rather strange. It just isn’t them, after all. His wish for them all stays behind shut lips. He hadn’t the most time to think about it previously, but it’s still there.

For my family…

Ah, sure, Gretel, Scarlet answers her. She’s asking in her own way, he notes, and he’s more than willing to agree. He has the time, and this is for one of his family members. So as he grips carefully on the box and caramel apple he had been given by Cupid, he can’t help but want to spend the break he’s allowing himself properly.

The crowd only seems to grow thicker and thicker, but where they’re at seems fine for now. It’s breathable, but maybe that’s because he’s comfortable around his family. He’s so used to the fighting, as unfortunate as it is, and he has to settle for realistic living. It can’t be, Cupid-san. That’s why it’s important to enjoy days like this.

As long as she’s loyal to them, as long as she’s under the same roof, Cupid is one of them. They’re still adjusting to everything, but that’s okay. It’ll work out. So as he patiently awaits the others to begin walking toward a place where they can watch the stars in peace, he glances upwards. Where would they go? Scarlet knows places of course, but as long as he can spend this time with them, does it actually matter? "Where to you want to watch them, Gretel. Please, lead the way." He carefully requests. It's there he'll try the candy alongside enjoy the sights and relaxation of the air in full.

Scarlet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretel on Thu 28 Jul - 22:35

Once everyone else cleared off Gretel stepped out from behind Scarlet to lead the way. She scowled at Cupid but took the candies anyway, placing the box in her satchel. She unwrapped the apple and ate it as she walked. It was pretty good. She did have that going for her at least.

She found a quiet place just off from the busy plaza center. She looked up watching the stars that had already begun to race across the sky. There was something she found beautiful about them. Even if they didn't grant wishes it was nice to spend the time watching something so beautiful with the people who meant so much to her. She hoped Hansel would be able to make it. He'd been so busy lately, she'd felt kind of lonely. No fault of his, though, Gretel was always lonely. It was just her default way of being. She only noticed it less when he was around.

She still hoped they did grant wishes. Because she had one and she was sure Scarlet did, probably that Cupid too; though she imagined her wish was something frivolous like getting finding a lover. Gretel sighed and reached into her satchel, she pulled out three paper sparklers and handed one to each of them. "Who needs to light and fold stupid papers when we have these to get the stars attention? This is more us anyway. Grimms do everything with a bang." She'd always wanted to take part in the paper folding with some of the other girls. But she was too shy around other people. She was more comfortable with Scarlet and she was positive that if she hadn't asked him to do this, he'd just keep himself busy all night. She knew he wouldn't have done the folding paper; he was a little sensitive about his appearance. So she'd come up with handheld fireworks instead. After all, what was more manly than gunpowder? And explosions were more her style anyway.

She took out some matches she'd bought from that pipsqueak and lit the string-like paper in her hand. She wished in silence as she watched the fire crawl up the paper shooting off sparks in each direction. Gunpowder wasn't quite as elegant as her grenades but it did remind her of Hansel. As she turned her eyes back to the skies thinking of how they resembled the dancing lights a faint smile graced her lips.

Gretel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 30 Jul - 0:11

Suzume hid behind a few crates as she watched some of the mafia members talking and having what seemed to be fun. She didn't know how to approach or to even ask if she could join in. She had never been to this even before despite knowing what it was. Looking around some more she spotted Cupid, that at least calmed her nerves and made her smile since she knew she had a friend among the crowd. However, she then realized Cupid was a member of a mafia which caused Suzume to squeak in fright.

'What if she knew I was a member of the Wolf Gang all along?!', she freaked out and made a few of the crates fall so then they landed right in front of her. Freezing up, the brunette looked for a way to get out of the predicament she had now gotten herself into due to her fussing. Seeing no way out, she tried to pick up the crates on her own to put them back where they belonged. Not realizing how heavy they were, Suzume had a few difficulties moving them back to where they belonged but she didn't say a word. She hoped no one would notice she was even there, even though she knew she had caused a lot of noise which was frowned upon at a lot of events.

"Phew... At least I didn't hurt anyone."

She mused while smiling a little before popping a piece of taffy into her mouth and then coming out of the alleyway she was hiding in near the crates. After all, everyone probably knew she was here after all the ruckus she caused by knocking over the crates that she was hiding behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Hood on Sun 31 Jul - 4:21

Robin and Lilith got to the event a little later than everyone else. He'd taken her around the town and briefly described all of the different areas before heading to the plaza. He didn't know how much she knew of the town, having not been here for long, but tonight wasn't the time to get into the politics of it all. He did his best to stay out of it, so explaining them seemed strange. Perhaps, Caramia or Pashet could fill her in later.

The Plaza was busier than he remembered but he guessed the town had grown some since the last time he made it out here. Usually, when he did house calls it was for smaller groups. Seeing everyone together now made him realize just how much time had past and how much she'd missed, all because of him.

He saw some familiar faces in the crowd, being the only town doctor meant all the faces were familiar to him or so he thought. Caramia and Axel looked as though they busy about the patrols and he swore he saw Kyrie being nice. What plan could he possibly have for that little girl he wondered, he'd introduce her to them all when they looked less busy.

Soh was working his stall. It was one of the most popular ones in the plaza. His food was good. He enjoyed it himself from time to time. Though he did give him a hard time about his preferences. As he walked with her he pointed out the people and letting her know the little she would need to know to interact with them, but nothing more. She could learn it all from them.

Then he spotted the Grimms; most of them anyway. Hansel wasn't with them but Scarlet; Gretel, and the newest Grimm Cupid, were gathered over against the wall. It was odd to see Gretel without her brother. Bright lights danced from something they held in their hands. If Scarlet wasn't there he'd have been worried about it. "There's the culprit who caused us so much trouble." He said pointing towards the green haired girl. "Why don't we go over and said hello."

Robin walked in the direction of the Grimms when he saw a couple of crates topple over. And a face he didn't recognise. Odd. He was sure he knew everyone. He quickly greeted the Grimm family that was there and introduced Lilith to the group.

"If you'll excuse me," he said giving a slight bow. "Lilith, I return shortly." Then he walked off to talk to the only stranger in this sea of familiar faces.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 31 Jul - 5:32

Suzume sighed as she looked around the alleyway to make sure she didn't miss anything before looking back out at the crowd where she noticed a masked male walking towards her. Squeaking, she tensed up and blinked a few times before looking down at the ground since she knew he had seen her small mishap. The brunette didn't like a lot of attention so the fact that she had done something that got a lot of attention made her quiver in fear at being arrested or worse, shot. After all she was a member of the Wolf Gang, thus her reputation was not a good one just because of that. Thinking about this, Suzume gulped and straightened back up as her breathing was still quick due to her nerves. She couldn't look weak in front of this man or anyone else here because of who and what she used to be. Her blue eyes were trying to focus on anything but the person approaching her currently as she stuffed a few pieces of candy into her mouth to make herself calm down just a bit.

Timidly, she left the shadows and stepped fully into the area that was brightly lit. Seeing Soh, she wished to run over and hide in his cart, however, she knew that if she did then Soh would get asked odd questions which didn't sit well with her at all. She then thought about running to Cupid for help, but that also didn't seem like a good idea because the other Grimm members were there. Sighing she simply awaited her fate of meeting the masked birdman thing that was coming towards her. 'Life really hates me today it seems...'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top